Letter to Barack Hussein Obama:
- To our son, his excellency, Mr Baracka Hussein Obama. I have said to you before, that even if Libya and the United States of America enter into a war, god forbid, you will always remain a son. Your picture will not be changed. I want you to remain in the same image.
- I have all the people of Libya with me, and I’m prepared to die and we have all the men, children and women with me. Nothing more.
- Al Qaeda is an armed organisation, passing through Algeria, Mauritania and Mali. What would you do if you found them controlling American cities with the power of weapons?
- What would you do, so I can follow your example.
Letter to Ban Ki Moon:
- Libya is not yours, Libya is for the Libyans.
- The security council, their resolution is void because it is not according to the charter to interfere with the internal affairs of the country. … You have no right. You will regret if you get involved in this, our country.
- We can never shoot a single bullet on our people, it is Al Qaeda organisation.
- If we find weapons in your house, you will be considered an enemy.
- Those who put down their weapons, we will forgive them and collect those weapons from the streets.
- “we are coming tonight” and “there won’t be any mercy”
Libyan State TV Interview
- No one above the age of 20 would actually take part in these events, which are run by al Qaeda.
- Their ages are 17. They give them pills at night, they put hallucinatory pills in their drinks, their milk, their coffee, their Nescafe.
- From a national, moral, ethical standpoint.
- they should stop. I have no authority stemming from laws or decisions or anything else, I just have moral authority. I only have moral authority.
- shibber shibber, dar dar, beit beit, zenga zenga.
- They give them pills, it’s not their own will.
- We will declare the holy march, because Muammar al-Gaddafi is a national leader. Millions of people defend me.
- And we will march in our millions, to purify Libya, inch by inch (shibber shibber), house by house (beit beit), home by home (dar dar), corner by corner (zenga zenga), person by person (fered fered).
- Libya is the mother of all nations, Libya is globally recognized.
- People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones (saying that while he is himself standing in front of a glass house it seems :P).
- To the front (li-el-amam) ! to the front! to the front! Revolution (azoura)! Revolution (azoura)!
Hosni Mubarak (Egypt)
- I will not run the coming presidential elections
Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf a.k.a. Comical Ali (Iraq)
- We will slaughter them all.
- They are not near Baghdad, don’t believe them, they are lairs.
- Invading Iraq is like a picnic.
- They’re not even within 100 miles of Baghdad. They are not in any place. They hold no place in Iraq. This is an illusion… they are trying to sell to the others an illusion.
- They are a super power of Al Capone.
- They are committing suicide at the gates of Baghdad.